SeaDarQ Radar Oil spill detection system
The SeaDarQ radar based oil spill detection (OSD) system features; Proven solution with long range, high accuracy and low false alarm rate. Adapted for installation both onshore and offshore
Using a high resolution marine X-band radar, the NORBIT Aptomar SeaDarQ System can automatically detect, track and monitor oil spills on the ocean surface. Using a combination of fast update rates, great horizontal resolution and low detection limits, the SeaDarQ oil spill detection system is both cutting edge technology and well proven. Oil spills are detected automatically, and the advanced algorithms identify even the smallest spills and reduce false alarms to a minimum.
WHAT DOES IT OFFER?
A future proof radar OSD system
- Integrated into the SeaCOP System
- Interfaced with both onshore and offshore radars
- Built in work process management, documenting the OSD process
- Vessel data cards for vessel risk assessments
- Integrate with a large number of camera systems
HOW DOES THE RADAR OSD TECHNOLOGY WORK?
OSD Radar Processors monitor the presence of capillary waves, caused by the wind effecting the water surface. It does this by detecting the radar backscatter caused by the uneven water surface. This back scatter is filtered out on a normal navigation radar to give a clear image of large, hard edged targets.
Oil floating on the water surface will however supress the capillary waves, that in turn will remove the backscatter. When an OSD Radar processor detects an area with no capillary waves, it could be a possible oil spill. Such events are automatically detected, and the operator is alerted. The OSD Radar processor will then mark and measure the area of the suspected slick and calculate the speed and direction of the drifting oil slick.
To be operational, the radar needs wind between 2 and 12 m/s. Also note that x-band radar systems CANNOT measure relative or accurate thickness of an oil slick. To measure relative thickness, the most cost efficient method is using infrared camera systems, cooled or uncooled.
WHAT ARE THE FEATURES OF THE SEADARQ?
Well proven and feature rich OSD
• Fully automated with low false alarm rate
• Range up to 4nm, based on radar height and weather conditions
• Automatic detection with spill outline and area determination
• Calculate the position, area and drift of the oil slick
• Historical playback of potential and verified detections
• Integrated with any camera system using Nexus or onvif protocol
• Integrated with ENC map, AIS and ARPA targets
• Tested and verified by NOFO and EMSA
Download the NORBIT SeaDarQ OSD brochure here
- Download Sea Dar Q Radar Oil Spill Detection Osd SeaDarQ-Radar-Oil-Spill-Detection-OSD.pdf
Sustainable Installation,service and support
Our engineers will remotely log into the SeaDarQ to commission the system, and if any support or service is needed during the operations.
If requested, our service engineers will join you on site!
Online training through NORBIT LMS system
Through the NORBIT LMS the users will get the needed competence, all documented through in-training tests, and will earn his/hers certificate to document the accoplished traiing. Any need for re-training or training on new features are managed online, and the operators will automaticall get the needed invites on email.
If training on-site is required, our skilled trainers will conduct training in accordance with your request.
Want to know more?
If you would like to know more about SeaDarQ Radar Oil spill detection system, fill out the form, or call us.
Get in touch with us
Thanks for you mail!
We will contact you as soon as possible!